We value our relationship with our partners and are proud of the work we have done. In this section we look at some reference case studies. We have selected these references to show partnership working and best value in delivering the best solution for the individual.
Wales and West Housing Association working with Chubb Saturn
Wales and West Housing Association (WWHA) have a Customer Service Centre with an Emergency Alarm Control Room sited alongside. A single console back up station has been set up within ten minutes of the office that uses a separate telephone exchange and electricity sub station. Staffs are generic and are able to work in either discipline.
In 2006 WWHA took the decision to increase capacity from a three console to four console Control Room to ensure sufficent cover for busy period whilst making the Control Room code compliant for the TSA (Telecare Services Association) Code of Practice for call handling.
In partnership with Chubb Community Care and with TSA accreditation in mind, WWHA upgraded their call handling system to Saturn which offered them the following benefits:
- Back up on site database
- Automatic data transfer between sites
- Increased facilities including incident log
- Automatic log on for Scheme Managers
- Improved recording of absences
- Improved notes section which could be customised for their benefit
- Crystal Reports to be used for reports and monitoring can also be customised to suit their way of reporting
- Remote diagnosis of Control Room equipment
WWHA also found the training and installation package to be excellent having Chubb employees on site for three weeks and telephone support afterwards to ensure a smooth upgrade transition.
As part of the upgrade, maintenance for the Control Room was also included. Remote diagnosis of the Control Room and scheme end equipment has been used successfully on a number of occasions and the local Chubb engineer.
The Saturn system has been in the WWHA Control Room since March 2006 and in practice they have found the following benefits
- Incident log, all information is kept electronically for every incident where a third party has been called out
- Absence log is one click away from the main screen
- Notes sections have improved the amount of information held on residents, contacts and schemes in a more meaningful way to suit their needs
- Back up server/database, there is no need to go off site if WWHA have a database crash as they can switch to the other server whilst waiting for problem to be resolved by Chubb
- Colour coding of screens and notes etc. help identify key information staff require to aid the residents during incidents
- Improved stock lists through the system, WWHA did not have this facility previously
- Auto answering for dispersed alarm units ensuring that equipment is checked at least monthly
- Auto answering and message service for logging scheme based staff on and off site and passing on messages which is currently being piloting with some Scheme Managers
- Remote diagnosis of Control Room equipment – engineers in Blackburn can dial in and resolve problems rather than engineer visiting, useful at 4am!!
WWHA gained TSA accreditation in 2007 after a complete review of all processes and procedures by staff and working with Chubb Community Care to ensure that the Saturn Control Room equipment was fully compliant for all call handling issues.
Jackie Edwards, Customer Service Centre Manager, Wales and West Housing Association
T: +44 (0)844 56 113 16
F: 01254 696 460